It's Amoreeeee.

Sidenote: #bestDisneymovieEVER. Well besides, Lion King. And Cinderella (gus-gus).  You get the point.

I would like to formally introduce you to my second recipe, courtesy of Kristen (holla!).  Before we got married, Cindy (my M-I-L) secretly compiled a list of traditional fam recipes.  Then at one of my showers she surprised me with a full COOKBOOK of them! It was so sweet & thoughtful.  I've been dying to try some & now that we are settled I can start practicing.  The first one that caught my eye was "Spaghetti Pie."  Brett don't like onyans, 'shrooms, or most green thangs (per my previous recipe), so this recipe was PERFECT.  And most importantly, it's easy.

1.  Cook 4 ounces of spaghetti. You know da drill. Boil, add in, cook for 7 minutes, drain.  Make sure you squeeze all the water out of them noodles because surprise surprise, I didn't & it made the mixture a lil more watery than I wanted. (note: 4 ounces is about 1/3 of the box. Luckily, I have a man who is good with fractions & hooked a wife up) Then set aside.
2. In a separate skillet, cook 1/2 pound of Italian Sausage until brown.  I got the H-E-B bulk Italian flavored sausage.  After it's all brown, add 1 cup of spaghetti/pasta sauce. I used Prego traditional.  Mostly because it was only $1.87 #extremecouponer.  Let it all simmer over medium heat for 3 minutes.
3. Combine 1/2 cup of mozz cheese, 3/4 cup of sour cream, and 1 egg all in a mixing bowl.  Stir it up.  Mix in drained spaghetti.
4. Put spaghetti mixture in a 9-inch pie pan.  Sprinkle with 1/2 cup more of mozz cheese.  Then spread the sausage/sauce ALL OVER IT.
5. Preheat oven to 375. Cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. After it's done you are supposed to sprinkle with some parm.  I accidentally did it before I put the bun in tha oven and...it didn't burn!!!! I would go with the recipe and wait till after.
6. Wait 10 minutes before serving so it can all settle.

And here she be. My first pie.


And a full frontal....
Lori, those pics are just for you.

Until next time.  And as always, thanks for reading! It makes my day when y'all come up to me and tell me you read the blog. Makes it all worth it.

xoxo

Quick summary:
4 ounces spaghetti
1/2 pound bulk italian sausage
1 cup spaghetti/pasta sauce
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup mozz cheese
1 egg
1 cup grated parm cheese

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FEELINGS

SCONCES & SUCH

CHEVRON PILLOW GIVE AWAY!