HURRLURR!

In the words of Bryan Adams, "Please forgiiiiiiiive me."  It's been a whole TWO weeks since I've posted on here.  And folks, that is way way too long.  I'm deeply sorry, but things have been crayzay in the Detamore household.  Wedding is less than a month away, peeps have been sick, and my most favoritest person had a birthday (which obv took TOP priority).  Unfortunately, I don't have a new room update for you or a new wallpaper discovery.  But what I DO have is some updates on our Heights casa.  I never expected this bloggy blog to have almost 900 viewings so far. NINE HUNDRED.  That just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.  I can't tell you how happy it makes me or how much it makes my day when you guys tell me how much you love reading this blog.  I am thankful times infinti and beyond.

So I want to keep you guys updated and in the loop throughout our whole house process.  From pics of construction, to wallpaper samples arriving, down to the fixture choices we make, and finally the finished product! VOILAAAAAAA. 

We had a meeting with our builder last weekend and everythang is taking off fast. RILL FAST, in a great way.  I'm trying to learn all about these fancy construction terms, so I'll do my best.  We have geotechs coming to the lot, peeps taking soil samples (think it's called topography survey??), and civil engineers working on our floodplain mitigation plan.  I know I left some things out slash got some terminology wrong BUT as you can see, things are really starting to come together.  Our builder told us to start thinking about finishes, and cabinets, and floors, and whole lot of other decisions...which might seem overwhelming, but we could not be more excited or prepared for everything coming our way!  Brett's dad has done an AMAZING, amazing job on our house plans, and we couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect place for us to live in.

Without further adieu, I would like to introduce you to the basics of our new casa:
  • 3 bedrooms + office
  • 3 1/2 bathrooms (powder room downstairs which may or may not feature a certain cowboyish, Texan wallpaper...)
  • Laundry Room with built in dog kennels for our puppies
  • Kitchen
  • Dining Room
  • Full Bar which may or may not have a yummy margarita machine coming our way...
  • Living Room
  • Mud Room
  • Front and Back porches that will be the nesting spot of a lovely porch swang
That is all I can reveal for now, but I shall have more for you guys as time goes on.

Happy Friday and I hope all you lovelies have the perfect weekend! Ours will be filled with birthday celebrations, friends, and a whole lotta football.

Hook'em Horns, Go Gators, and GOOOOO TEXANS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FEELINGS

SCONCES & SUCH

CHEVRON PILLOW GIVE AWAY!