MORNING SKINCARE ROUTINE OCTOBER 2018

Since being in the hospital, I've been sucked into a skincare blackhole. Seriously. Even though I've been a Beautycounter consultant for over a year now (what!), I never really have had the time to research THIS MUCH. I feel like I've gotten into a pretty consistent routine being at the hospital (which is super drying for some reason?!) and now I'm going to share it with you lucky people who I know are just dying to read this.

First you. have. got. to. wash. your. face. Some people splash with cold water but I have found that this is pretty much a huge myth in most cases. Oils and residue collect on your skin overnight so you have got to get that off. Go get yourself the best hair ties ever (seriously Pretzel Brown is life) and complete step 1. I start off with a super gentle clean-ingredient cleanser from Beautycounter called the Rejuvenating Face Cleanser. It's perfect for my sensitive and dry skin and feels super tingly after and clears my pores and you get the point its amazing.

Second step for me is new and I researched literally every website and review and thing out there after Bowen fell asleep each night. So I feel super confident recommending this product even though it's not from BC (hope I don't get fired). SK-II Essence: learn it, live it, love it. Warning- it's an investment but 100% worth it. I buy mine through Amazon because it's way cheaper than other websites and easy return if for some reason you don't love it (but you will). This should be applied after you cleanse all over your face and neck. A bottle of it sells EVERY 13 SECONDS IN ASIA.

Facial Treatment Essence is SK-II's bestselling product and a staple in many Asian beauty regimens. Essences are clear liquids rich in active ingredients and light in consistency. Designed for maximum hydration, brightening, and smoothing of the skin, SK-II’s Facial Treatment Essence was among the first in this new skin care category. The lightweight formula allows for faster absorption and higher penetration as compared to traditional creams and moisturizers, and Facial Treatment Essence is the only beauty essence made up of more than 90 percent pitera. This product is not tested on animals and is free of fragrance and colorants.

Third I put on Vitamin C. A lot of it. Vitamin C has been proven to be CRUCIAL to protect your skin from environmental damage like pollution. It also brightens your skin and has anti-aging properties. If you add one thing into your routine this would be it (well and sunscreen but I'll get to that later). First I apply Beautycounter's #1 Oil all over my face and neck. It's a best seller for a reason. Then I apply Sunday Riley's CEO Brightening Serum which also contains a lot of yep- Vitamin C. You could definitely squeeze a few pumps of the oil into the serum too before application.

Fourth comes the eye cream. My two favorites are Beautycounter's Rejuvenating Eye Cream and the Countermatch Eye Cream. For me they work great and I switch out which ones I'm going to use each day. I'm dying to get my hands on their new Eye Revive Cooling Masks too.

Fifth I moisturize. I have a lot of different ones that I switch out and yes most of them are Beautycounter-- right now I'm super into the Nourishing Day Cream because it's light and simple since I'm already layering a lot of other things on mah skin.

PHEW THAT WAS A LOT OF INFORMATION. But alas not done. FINALE AND MOST IMPORTANTE STEP: SUNSCREEN. ALL OF THE SUNSCREEN. Sunscreen is literally the NUMBER ONE ANTI AGING PRODUCT. You can buy all the things and all the facials and all the expensive stuff, but number one is sunscreen. You should be applying to your face, neck, and hands (yes hands) every day. Of course my favorite is Beautycounter's new sunscreen which also protects against things like the blue light from your phone (google it its a real thing). It's a physical sunscreen which is super important also and very different from your grocery store or drug store sunscreen.

Bam. Done! I have a LOT of beauty products so I will switch the above out with things like my charcoal bar or moisturize with cleansing balm instead. But these are my basic go to steps. Feel free to message me with your fav products too!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FEELINGS

SCONCES & SUCH

CHEVRON PILLOW GIVE AWAY!